Almost touched by the shadow of Nelson’s Column is a home with an unusual backstory. Once a members’ club within a Norwegian embassy, Cockspur Street’s walls have seen it all – from gentlemen taking whisky to attachés taking shelter during the Blitz. And it hasn’t lost a jot of its elegance. Hefty beams overlook modern upholstery, oak panelling is hung with nature-inspired paintings, and the books contain a collection of English wit. And no matter the era, you couldn’t be better located for the sights and sounds of iconic Trafalgar Square, just two minutes' walk from your doorstep.
Your hosts love how close they are to one of the city's most visited squares and are keen students of their home’s intriguing past. And they’ve done an excellent job of preserving the old while introducing the new.
Though you can spy Admiral Nelson from the sitting room’s window, this home’s marvellous panelled walls, soaring beams and stone fireplace will draw your gaze firmly inside. The contemporary mustard-hued chairs in the sitting room invite you to indulge in a discussion or follow the panelling to the master bedroom, with its modern art and stately red sofa. And while there’s a strong sense of history here, the bathrooms with walk-in showers and marbled walls could hardly be more up-to-date.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Reliable wifi
- Luxury linen & towels
- Professionally prepared homes, fully managed stays
- Outdoor space
- Family friendly
- Coffeemaker & kettle
- Fridge & freezer
- Microwave, stove, oven & toaster
- Built in fans
- Music player
Say goodnight to search fatigue, farewell to hit-and-miss. Only fully-verified, carefully-vetted, expertly-managed homes feature on Smarter.
Stay Positive, Carbon Negative. We’re on a mission to super-offset the carbon footprint of all our stays via funding to our Stay For Good Foundation. We’re proudly B-Corp Certified (Pending).
Smarter is lighter. Our service fees are slimmer and we gift the savings to our guests, so you can book London’s finest homes for less through Smarter than traditional listing sites.
You can feel the history in Covent Garden’s cobbles, once trodden by coffeehouse thinkers and traders of fruit, veg and flowers. Beyond the famous market and lively piazza studded with street performers, you’ll find the West End’s most popular theatres, old-world pubs and flagship boutiques – Seven Dials and Neal’s Yard are home to some of the best.
Enter dates for accurate pricing
- The lead guest must be at least 25 years old.
- Smoking, pets, parties and gatherings are all strictly prohibited.
- £1,000 card authorisation secured against damages to the home.
- The fireplace in this home is ornamental.
- Both of the bedrooms in this home are equipped with ceiling fans and air purifiers. There is also an air purifier in the sitting room.
- This home's central location means you may be able to hear a certain level of noise inside. However, the home is on the fifth floor and both of the bedrooms have very effective soundproofed windows.