Stalls with style
Roll up your sleeves and get ready to play. Camden is a tapestry for un-grown-ups. It’s stylish in an effortless I-just-threw-this-on way. The jazz clubs, bookstores and, of course, the open-air market are all notches on its proverbial bedpost. Sitting just outside the school gates sits Gloucester Crescent– a home for real grown-ups. Get ready for some serious R&R in this enormous four-bedroom elegant home. Split over several floors and playing host to a garden and a roof terrace, you won’t be left asking for more.
Pièce de Résistance
Formerly from the north of England, your hosts have taken a shine to this kooky treat in the north of London. After 16 years of tweaking, their masterpiece is complete, so they will be spending more time in their French home, leaving you to enjoy the results of their hard work.
Camden is certainly the cool kid in the class. Weave your way through the human traffic to find Gloucester Crescent, a haven just moments from the main strip.
Straight through the front door is the cosy sitting room, with books and DVDs to keep you entertained for days. At the end of the hall, a wrought iron spiral staircase leads romantically to the garden below and downstairs, play the perfect host in an enormous kitchen with comfy sofas and a roaring fireplace. If the mood strikes, take centre stage in the music room or head up to the luxuriously spacious drawing room
After a night on the flagstone kitchen tiles, find your Zen in the walk-in wet-room shower overlooking the garden. Then slip on your onesie and choose from one of the four Egyptian cotton-clad beds in the house. Each housing a beautiful sash window, wooden floors and lots of light, it will take a pretty colourful scene to get you up in the morning. Good job, you’re in Camden.
It’s like being a kid in a candy store. What will you do first? Find some hidden gems in an alternative bookshop. Then explore your adventurous side and jump on one of the boats for your tour of Regent’s canal. Head on to Little Venice – an oasis of leafy calm. Now you’re all set to enjoy some live music in the legendary Jazz Café, where you’ll find some famous names that have both played a set and visited. Either way, you’ll know you’re somewhere pretty cool.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Reliable wifi
- Luxury linen & towels
- Professionally prepared homes, fully managed stays
- Outdoor space
- Family friendly
Say goodnight to search fatigue, farewell to hit-and-miss. Only fully-verified, carefully-vetted, expertly-managed homes feature on Smarter.
Stay Positive, Carbon Negative. We’re on a mission to super-offset the carbon footprint of all our stays via funding to our Stay For Good Foundation. We’re proudly B-Corp Certified (Pending).
Smarter is lighter. Our service fees are slimmer and we gift the savings to our guests, so you can book London’s finest homes for less through Smarter than traditional listing sites.
The clamour of Camden Market. A waft of street food. The push-shove of ambling visitors and left-field Londoners. Camden is a little touristy, yes, but it retains much of that Britpop soul that put it on the map. Come for the offbeat vibe, stay for the proper pubs and live music: try Koko, Camden Assembly or The Roundhouse. Escape along Regent’s Canal.
Enter dates for accurate pricing
- The lead guest must be at least 25 years old.
- Smoking, pets, parties and gatherings are all strictly prohibited.
- £1,000 card authorisation secured against damages to the home.
- This home is spread over five floors with no internal elevator.
- We currently do not have pictures of the second and fourth bedrooms. The second bedroom has a king-size bed, and the fourth bedroom has a single bed.
- The fourth bedroom has a double sofa bed which can accommodate an additional two people. Please let us know when you book if you would like it prepared.
- In the summer months, your host's gardener will come weekly on Thursdays at 10 AM to water the garden.
- This home doesn't have air conditioning. Between June and September, we'll place fans in each bedroom. Please let us know if you'd like fans outside the summer period.